LiveSafe enables direct and discreet two-way communication with University Police using text, picture, video and audio capabilities. It also lets you virtually walk your friends and family home with SafeWalk.Open on Desktop Download on the App Store Get on Google Play
Create Your Account
- To get started, download the app on your device or access the desktop version.
- Select Create New Account and provide your email address.
- Go to your email inbox and confirm your email address by clicking on the link provided in the confirmation email.
- Create your profile by typing in your first and last name.
- Finally, create a unique password that meets the on-screen criteria.
Allow Notifications/Location Sharing and Choose Your Organization
- Allow notifications - In the event of a WVU Alert, Campus Warning or Community Notice, WVU will send a push notification from the app to inform you of important updates.
- Set location sharing to “Always” - In the event of an emergency, location sharing allows UPD to find you quickly and efficiently. Additionally, it ensures you receive important safety information.
- After selecting your preferences, choose West Virginia University as your organization.
Use LiveSafe and SafeWalk
The easiest way to use both tools is by opening the LiveSafe app on your phone and selecting the on-screen features needed. Use the app to:
- Report an emergency and share your location with UPD
- Ask someone to monitor your progress during your walk
- Monitor someone else's progress during their walk
- View resources and information on mental health, sexual assault, hazing and other topics