Update Your Emergency Contact Information

Each year the University request that all new students provide, on a voluntary basis, emergency contact information. This information will also be used in the following manner in the event that a student is reported missing while at the institution.

If a West Virginia University student living in University-operated housing is suspected to be missing from campus, immediately report it to a residence hall staff member (i.e. residence hall coordinator, resident faculty leader, resident assistant) or the University Police Department (UPD).

If the student resides off-campus, contact the University Police for assistance at 304-293-COPS

All reports of missing students made to the residence hall staff and/or the UPD will be investigated. If the investigation determines that the student has been missing over 24 hours then, within the next 24 hours, the University will:

  • Notify the individual identified as your emergency contact person;
  • If under 18 years of age, the University will notify a parent or guardian; and;
  • If you are over 18 years of age and have not provided an emergency contact, the University will notify the appropriate law enforcement agency.

Update Emergency Contacts

  • Update your information online via MIX/STAR by selecting the Personal Information link.