The mission of the West Virginia University Police Cadet Program is to assist in improving the safety and welfare of the campus community, serve the residents of our community in a service-oriented fashion, assist WVU
sworn police officers by providing an increased visible presence, and to reduce the impact of crime on the university by patrol, detection and assisting in the adjudication of criminal offenses.
The Hiring Process:
- Download and complete the application in full with neat handwriting
- Turn the application in at the WVU Police Department located at 992 Elmer Prince Drive
- Qualified applicants may be contacted for an interview as positions come open. Interviews are held usually at the beginning of the Fall and Spring semesters
- Applicants who perform well in the interview may begin the background investigation process
- Following the completion of a background investigation, which includes a check of criminal history, driving history and reference check with previous employers, a candidate or sever candidates may be offered a position.
- If hired you must complete a series of training classes and complete a probationary period of one full academic semester.