- Always lock your automobile.
- Never leave the keys in it or leave it running unattended.
- Do not store valuable items in your automobile, but if you must, always lock these items in the trunk of your automobile.
- A steering wheel locking bar is a good deterrent to the automobile thief.
- Keep an extra automobile identification (registration) card in a location other than your auto.
- When departing your automobile, always lock the door.
- When returning to your automobile, have your keys ready; observe any unusual activity near the automobile; enter and lock your door immediately.